Belize’s dry season stretches from November to April, when warm temperatures and clear skies make it the perfect time to spot wildlife. Watch sloths lazily making their way through jungle canopy, spot birdlife and iguana along the banks as you canoe the Macal River, and take a bird walk at the crack of dawn at the Crooked Tree Lagoon, a wetland sanctuary home to some 400 species of bird.
The Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Reserve is home to the highest population of jaguar in the world. While jaguar are notoriously elusive and difficult to spot, visitors often find traces of the big cat – from paw prints to their daily kill. Very lucky (and quiet) travellers may get to see a jaguar in the flesh, but there’s plenty more to see here too. Other species that call the Reserve home include jaguarundis, peccary and brocket deer.
The second-largest barrier reef in the world, the Caribbean reef runs the full length of Belize’s coastline. Here you can observe Manatees in their mangrove habitat, and go snorkelling amongst dozens of colourful fish species, turtles and nurse sharks off the island idyll of Caye Caulkner.
We've teamed up with the Belize Tourist Board so you can save £55 on selected 2018 Discover Belize departures – from £2,635 per person.
PLUS book your 2018 trip to Belize by 12 January and receive a FREE 1 year Wanderlust subscription
Terms & Conditions
1. The offer is available per person for all bookings on the Discover Belize (BL) trip made between 18 December 2017 and 12 January 2018. We regret the offer cannot be applied retrospectively to existing bookings.
2. The offer is applicable to any available departure date.
3. Please quote “Wanderlust Magazine” at the time of booking to qualify for the offer, or if booking online type “Wanderlust Magazine” when asked for a discount code.
4. By quoting “Wanderlust Magazine” you are accepting that Explore will send your full name and address to Wanderlust to enable the magazine to be sent directly to you. Your details will not be used for any other purpose by them and will not be held after the free subscription period has expired.
5. Wanderlust will receive your details to enable the subscription to be set up.
6. The offer is only available on the following trip: BL.
7. The subscription is non- transferable and there is no cash alternative.
8. The offer is subject to availability and we reserve the right to withdraw it at any time.