Find a trip
Other trips you might like
Have you considered?
Highlights Of Sri Lanka & Cruising The Maldives
Every year there is a spectacular 10 day Festival in Kandy called the Esala Perahera. A replica of the famous Buddha's tooth relic is paraded around the town followed by a huge number of performers and elaborately adorned elephants. The scene is noisy, colourful and tremendous fun. If you are on the 23rd July or 30th July departure you will be able to see this spectacle while you are in Kandy.
- Leopards - Take a jeep safari in Willpaththu National Park
- Mihintale - Explore the caves where Buddhism began in Sri Lanka
- Aukana - Visit the Standing Buddha, a UNESCO world heritage site
- Dambulla - Explore 5 of the ancient painted Cave Temples
- Sigiriya - An early morning climb to the dramatic Sky Fortress
- Kandy - Visit the unique Temple of the Tooth
- Seven-day cruise - Relax on board a traditional dhoni boat, with all meals included and freshly prepared by the boat crew
- Uninhabited islands and pristine beaches - Visit unspoilt, idyllic corners of the Maldives
- Remarkable snorkelling and swimming - Enjoy warm, clear water and spot manta rays, turtles and clown fish on spectacular reefs.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour in Negombo
2Game drive in Wilpatu National Park; drive to Anuradhapura
3Full day to explore the ancient citadel
4Visit Dambulla's cave temples en route to Giritale
5Search for elephants in Minneriya National Park
6Climb Lion's Rock at sunrise; drive to Kandy
7Discover the Temple of the Tooth
8Drive to Dalhousie for an ascent of Adam's Peak
9Stop at a tea planation on the way to Nuwara Eliya
10Drive to the hill town of Bandarawela
11Transfer to the coastal town of Unawatuna
12Stroll through the Portuguese Fort at Galle
13Free time to relax on Unawatuna's quiet beaches
14Early morning wetlands visit en route to Negombo
15Fly to Male
16Sail to Vavuu Atoll and explore Kuda Anbaraa Island
17Snorkel in the clear waters of the Meemu Atoll
18Cruise to Dhiggaru Island for a Bodu Beru display
19Visit the traditional village of Felidhoo
20Discover Hulhidhoo reef before sailing to Fulidhoo
21Sail to Male stopping to snorkel at Embudhoo Reef
22Tour ends in Male
Each departure date has its own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Buddha's Island + Maldive Dhoni Cruise trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this trip
Accommodation14 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Simple Guesthouse
6 nights Simple Boat