Find a trip
Burma by Bike CBR
Cycle Burma | Burma Cycling Holiday
Should I go?
Aung San Suu Kyi, the Burmese pro-democracy leader, gave her blessing to the return of tourism to Burma in November 2010. National League for Democracy (NLD) leader U Win Tin said: "We want people to come to Burma, not to help the junta, but to help the people by understanding the situation: political, economic, moral - everything." This marked the end of the tourism boycott started in 1995 and the return of small groups and individuals to Burma has been endorsed by Burma Campaign UK and the Free Burma campaign. Explore are delighted to return to Burma after pulling out in 1995 in response to the call for boycott. We use a privately-owned Burmese agent for all of our services, and whilst each itinerary has been carefully planned to try and avoid using any service owned by or affiliated with the government or former military junta, we accept that some money will make its way into their hands. We strongly believe that by operating tours in Burma we contribute to the local economy in a positive way, whilst providing our customers with an insight into the culture, through direct interaction with Burmese people.
- Easy Cycling through Burma (Myanmar) - Along quiet backroads getting off the beaten track away from tourist areas for an unforgettable real country experience as well as visiting the major highlights
- Rangoon (Yangon) - Colonial grandeur, golden temples and street markets
- Inle Lake - Backwater boat trips and cycle rides across the Shan Plateau
- Bagan - Explore one of South East Asia's most spectacular archaeological sites by bicycle
- Bagan to Mandalay - Stunning cycling on a little travelled route via Monywa through forests, farmlands and palm-thatched villages - a taste of real Burma
- Mandalay - Ancient capitals, river cruises and sunset from Mandalay Hill
- Shan Highlands - Tribal villages and the former British hill station of Kalaw
1Trip starts Rangoon (Yangon)
2Fly to Bagan; sightseeing by bus and bike
3Explore the temples of Bagan on two wheels
4Cycle through picturesque countryside to Mount Popa
5Backroads cycle to Monywa
6Cycle to Chaung U village via Thanbudday complex; drive to Mandalay
7Mandalay city tour followed by free afternoon
8Cycle around Inwa ancient capital; visit to Amarapura
9Boat trip on the Irrawaddy after morning cycle
10Mandalay to Kalaw by bus and bike
11Kalaw to Inle Lake, afternoon optional wine tasting
12Sightseeing on Inle Lake by longtail boat
13Fly back to Rangoon; free time to explore the markets
14Tour ends Rangoon
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Burma by Bike tour available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this tour