Find a trip
Central American Highlights CAQ
A journey through Central America from Guatemala to Costa Rica
- Volcanoes - Enjoy the vistas over active and dormant volcanoes throughout the trip, including the three impressive cones overlooking the picture perfect city of Antigua, Guatemala
- Guatemalan Highlands - Experience the land of the Maya by visiting the colourful local market at Chichicastenango and the indigenous villages around Lake Atitlan, witnessing Maya ceremonies.
- Copan - Learn more about the ancient Maya culture at this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the greatest Maya ruins in the Americas
- Suchitoto - Enjoy the charms of this pretty colonial town beside the shores of Lake Suchitlan
- Leon and Granada - Learn about the history behind the dictatorship and revolutionary wars in Nicaragua
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Antigua (Guatemala)
2Walking tour of Antigua, free afternoon to explore
3Travel to Panajachel; boat trip on Atitlan Lake
4Chichicastenango Market then drive to Guatemala City
5Visit the UNESCO Site of Copan, free afternoon
6Journey to Suchitoto (El Salvador)
7In Suchitoto, optional boat trip on the lake
8Transfer to the colonial town of Leon (Nicaragua)
9Free Day; optional hike to Cerro Negro Volcano
10Travel to Granada via Masaya Volcano National Park
11In Granada; explore the city or optional sea kayaking
12Head to San Juan del Sur on the Pacific Coast
13Travel to Cano Negro Wildlife Refuge (Costa Rica)
14Optional wildlife boat trip, before driving to Sarapiqui
15Morning free. Afternoon head to the capital, San Jose
16Tour ends San Jose
Each departure date has its own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Central American Highlights trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this trip
Accommodation4 nights Premium Hotel
2 nights Simple Hotel
8 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Standard Camping