Find a trip
Cultural Discovery Tour In Benin & Togo
- Voodoo - A unique opportunity to witness the intriguing and esoteric rituals of West Africa.
- Tamberma - Remote fortified dwellings in the Atakora mountains.
- Kloto - Scenic highlands and walks in the tropical forest.
- Abomey - The impressive Royal palace, a UNESCO Heritage site.
- Ganvie - A remarkable stilt village on Lake Nokwe.
- Village Life - Experience the diversity of cultures and traditions in West Africa.
- Lomé - Togo’s vibrant capital and the fetish market.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join trip in Lome
2Head to Kpalime, walk in the rainforest with butterfly expert and jungle ceremony
3Drive to Sokode through villages and markets; fire dance in the evening
4Drive to the Bassar region. Visit the clay houses and learn about the iron production
5Visit the Kabye region and meet the Tamberma people in the Atakora mountains
6Visit the Somba in traditional houses in the Atakora Mountains
7Drive to Natitingou; discover the town with its museum and market and then relax by the pool
8Walk on the Taneka plateau visiting the Yom people and the fetish village of Dankoli
9Visit the town of Dassa and then the Royal Palace of Abomey
10Beautiful Egun and Gelede mask ceremonies
11Drive to incredible stilt village of Ganvie. Overnight in a stilt guesthouse
12Visit Ouidah, the spiritual home of Voodoo; drive to Grand Popo
13Zangbeto dancing mask ceremony and afternoon voodoo ceremony
14Trip ends in Lome
Each departure date has its own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Cradle Of Voodoo trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this trip
Transport4WD, Bus, Boat
Accommodation9 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Simple Auberge
2 nights Simple Hut
1 night Simple Guesthouse