Find a trip
Cycle The Backroads of Cuba CUC
Cycling Tour Of Cuba
Now is undoubtedly a fantastic time to visit Cuba to see and experience the island. Visiting Cuba is like stepping back in time as little has changed over the past 50 years. However, the recent relaxation of US sanctions is making Cuba an ever more popular destination placing increasing demands on the local tourist infrastructure. As a result, all tour operators to the island are experiencing occasions where previously confirmed accommodation is changed at short notice. To fully enjoy the Cuban experience you should travel with a willingness to expect the unexpected and, above all, an adventurous spirit. In our opinion go now and experience this unique destination before it changes.
- Cycle Cuba - With very little traffic this is the ideal way to see the island
- Havana Vieja (Havana Old Town) - Explore this atmospheric UNESCO Heritage Site
- Sierra Maestra coastal road - Ride the stunning mountainous coastline from Marea Portillo to Chivirico
- Casas Particulares - Stay in locally-owned and run private homestays in the heart of colonial Trinidad
- Spanish Colonial Towns - Including the beautiful original founding towns of Trinidad, Remedios and Baracoa
- Historical Sites - Cycle beside the infamous 'Bay of Pigs'; visit Che Guevara's monument in Santa Clara
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour in Havana
2Cycle the Bay of Pigs. Drive to Cienfuegos
3Coastal ride from Cienfuegos to Trinidad
4Visit Trinidad; optional cycle to Ancon Peninsula
5'Valley of the Sugar Mills' ride. Drive to Camaguey
6Cycle the along Granma coast to Media Luna
7Impressive coastal ride on flanks of the Sierra Maestra
8Visit Santiago; optional ride to lighthouse viewpoint
9Ride 'La Farola' mountain road to charming Baracoa
10Explore Baracoa; optional cycle to River Yumuri
11Cycle past Alexander Humboldt NP. Drive to Holguin
12Ride along north coast backroads. Drive to Camaguey
13Cycle to Jaguajay. Drive to Santa Clara via Remedios
14Visit Che Guevara Mausoleum. Drive to Havana; city tour
15Tour ends in Havana
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Cycle The Backroads of Cuba tour available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this tour
Accommodation4 nights Simple Casas Particulares
10 nights Standard Hotel