Find a trip
Cultural and Walking Highlights of China
along some of the lesser-visited parts of the Great Wall. We travel from the
skyscrapers of Hong Kong to the imperial palaces of Beijing. Cruising along the Li
River we pass vast paddy fields and unusual limestone pinnacles. We fly to Xian where we discover the incredible Army of Terracotta Warriors and the Giant Wild Goose Pagoda. In Beijing we explore the famous Tiananmen Square and the maze of palaces and gardens of the Forbidden City. Starting from the 'Old Dragon's Head' - where the Wall meets the sea - we walk towards Simatai. We spend several days
hiking along some of the most spectacular sections, stopping to take a boat ride across the lake at Panjiakou and visit the Eastern Qing Tombs.
- Yangshuo - Float through dramatic karst scenery on the Li River
- Xian - Meet the incredible 'Terracotta Army'
- Beijing - Explore Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Old Dragons Head - Visit the spot where the Great Wall disappears in to the sea
- Trek the Great Wall - Follow the wall along the far eastern sections at Jioashan to Panjiakou where the wall crosses a lake
- Eastern Qing Tombs - Visit the stunning Imperial Tomb Complex of the Qing Dynasty near Zunhua.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Hong Kong
2In Hong Kong
3In Hong Kong ; overnight train to Guilin
4Boat on Li River to Yangshuo
5In Yangshuo; fly Xian
7Visit Terracotta Warriors; Overnight train to Beijing
8Arrive in Beijing; city tour
9Visit Great Wall at Mutianyu
10Drive to Shanhaiguan
11Trek on Great Wall; drive to Panjiakou
12Boat excursion. Walk on wall at Luowenyou; drive to Eastern Qing Tombs
13Visit the Eastern Qing Tombs; trek on Great Wall to Huangyaguan
14Drive from Huangyaguan to Gubeikou; walk along the wall to Jinshanling
15Trek on Great Wall towards Simatai; return to Jinshanling
16Drive to Beijing
17Tour ends Beijing
Each departure date has it's own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the China Highlights and Walk The Great Wall trip available at present.
Please select a date: