Find a trip
Shogun Trail JS
- Tokyo – Explore the city’s lively neon-lit streets and visit the nearby Hakone National Park for a spectacular view of Mount Fuji
- Bullet Train - Experience comfortable rail travel at an average speed of 164 mph
- Kyoto - See the traditional side of Japan, with its stunning temples, immaculate zen gardens and enigmatic geishas
- Hiroshima and Nagasaki - Reflect at the sites of the world's first atomic bomb attacks
- Hirado – Discover this island’s rural charm and spectacular scenery
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour in Tokyo
2Walking tour through Tokyo's shrines and gardens
3Free day in Tokyo or optional excursion to Kamakura
4Boat ride on Lake Ashi; transfer to Hakone
5Bullet train to Kyoto; explore the Geisha district
6Explore Kyoto's temples and zen gardens
7Continue to explore traditional Kyoto
8Reflect at Hiroshima Peace Park; train to Nagasaki
9Take a walk though Dejima, Nagasaki's Dutch quarter
10Drive through scenic tea plantations and ferry ride to Hirado Island
11Full day to explore Hirado and Ikitsuki Islands
12Sail among the '99 Islands' then travel to Fukuoka
13Tour ends in Fukuoka
Each departure date has its own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Shogun Trail trip available at present.
Please select a date: