Find a trip
Other tours you might like
Have you considered?
Cycle Japan CJA
Japanese Cycling Tour
- Off the beaten track cycling - Enjoy the landscapes, flavours and characters of rural Japan
- Kyoto - Japan's historic capital, filled with temples and traditional tea houses
- Tokyo- Explore the modern metropolis
- Kanazawa - Visit the gardens of Kenrokuen, one of the most beautiful in Japan
- The Noto Peninsula - Cycle amongst the stunning coastal landscapes of the Sea of Japan
- Hot springs - Experience the country's famous onsens and soothe your cycling legs
- Delicious local food - Enjoy traditional Japanese cuisine
- Shirakawa-go - Visit World Heritage farmhouses and historic towns
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour in historic Kyoto
2Kyoto sightseeing by bike. Including Ginkaku-ji and along The Philosopher's Path to the Nanzen-ji temple complex
3Morning train to Kanazawa. Bike tour of Kenroku-en Garden and the old teahouse district
4Cycling around the beautiful Noto Peninsula including the Chirihama Beach Road
5Cycle the coastal road to Wajima, stopping off at the Sojijiso-in temple
6Explore Wajima Market. Continue along the stunning coastal road to Suzu
7Cycle to Noto Ushitsu as we head down the eastern side of the peninsula
8Cycle to Wakura Onsen where ancient, healing hot baths await our arrival
9We begin our journey inland as we head up to Shokawa Onsen
10Our journey concludes at the breath taking Shirakawa-go, famous for its traditional gassho-zukuri farmhouses
11Shinkansen bullet train to Tokyo
12Enjoy Tokyo from our base in the historic Asakusa district a stone's throw from Sensoji temple
13Tour ends Tokyo
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Cycle Japan tour available at present.
Please select a date:
Cycle Japan based on 7 ratings. Read reviews
Why Book this tour
Unlike many other operators, we include the hire of your bike in the overall cost of the holiday: you don't need to bring your own or pay extra to hire one locally. We also provide a support vehicle, spare parts and take care of day to day bike maintenance. All you need bring is your own helmet.
TransportBus, Train, Bicycle
Accommodation6 nights Standard Hotel
4 nights Simple Guesthouse
1 night Standard Guesthouse
1 night Simple Farmstay