Find a trip
Kilimanjaro Lemosho Trek + Zanzibar Island KCZ
Mount Kilimanjaro Trek And Zanzibar Beach Stay
- Lemosho route - Climb one of the most scenic and least busy routes.
- 7 day ascent - Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation.
- Uhuru Peak - Marvellous 360 degree views from the roof of Africa at 5895m!
- Shira Plateau - Traverse the wild heath and moorlands of Shira Plateau.
- Wild camps - Enjoy wild camping in magnificent, scenic locations.
- Trek crew - Climb with some of the best and most experienced leaders, guides, porters and cooks on the mountain.
1Join tour Moshi
2Trek from Lemosho Glades to Big Tree Forest Camp (2780m)
3Walk across grassy moorland to Shira One Camp (3500m)
4Walk through upland desert to Shira Two Camp (3900m)
5Trek via Lava Tower (4640m) to Barranco (3960m)
6Trek Karanga Camp (4035m) via the Barranco Wall
7Trek across compacted scree to Barafu Camp (4640m)
8Kilimanjaro summit ascent (5895m); descend to Millennium Camp (3790m)
9Descend through rainforest to Mweka Gate (1630m); drive to Moshi
10Fly to Zanzibar, transfer to Nungwi
11In Nungwi, optional activities include snorkelling, mountain biking, scuba diving or dhow cruise
12Drive to Stone Town, optional walking tour
13In Stone Town, optional tour to spice plantations
14Tour ends in Stone Town
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Kilimanjaro Lemosho Trek + Zanzibar Island tour available at present.
Please select a date:
Kilimanjaro Lemosho Trek + Zanzibar Island based on 3 ratings. Read reviews
Why Book this tour
- Our Kilimanjaro ascent rates are slow and safe, resulting in a much higher than average summit success rate of 95%
- The safety of our treks on Kilimanjaro has been assessed by independent medical specialists
- Unlike many other tour operators on Kilimanjaro, our rate of ascent complies with Wilderness Medicine Society (WMS) guidelines
- All of our guides and trek leaders on Kilimanjaro are first aid trained
- Oxygen cylinders and Gamow bags are carried on all treks for emergency use
- Our trek leaders on Kili are voted among the best Explore leaders anywhere in the world
- Our local partner is a long established and reputable Kilimanjaro specialist
- All Explore trekking staff are from the local area - revenues from our treks benefit the local economy
- We carry portable toilets on all treks to avoid degrading the mountain
- Unlike some tour operators, we include the Kilimanjaro park fees in the price. There are no hidden extras with Explore
Kilimanjaro with Explore - SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, HONEST
Accommodation2 nights Standard Lodge
7 nights Simple Camping
2 nights Standard Bungalow
2 nights Standard Hotel