Find a trip
Other trips you might like
Have you considered?
Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek KC
Kilimanjaro Trek | Trekking Holiday Kilimanjaro
Extend your holiday with either four days on the exotic island of Zanzibar (trip code:KCZ) or three days on safari in some of Tanzania's finest national parks (trip code:KCS).
- Lemosho route - Climb one of the most scenic and least busy routes.
- 7 day ascent - Maximise your summit chances and enjoyment by climbing slowly and allowing more time for acclimatisation.
- Uhuru Peak - Marvellous 360 degree views from the roof of Africa at 5895m!
- Shira Plateau - Traverse the wild heath and moorlands of Shira Plateau.
- Wild camps - Enjoy wild camping in magnificent, scenic locations.
- Trek crew - Climb with some of the best and most experienced leaders, guides, porters and cooks on the mountain.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Moshi
2Trek from Lemosho Glades to Big Tree Forest Camp (2780m)
3Walk across grassy moorland to Shira One Camp (3500m)
4Walk through upland desert to Shira Two Camp (3900m)
5Trek via Lava Tower (4640m) to Barranco (3960m)
6Trek Karanga Camp (4035m) via the Barranco Wall
7Trek across compacted scree to Barafu Camp (4640m)
8Kilimanjaro summit ascent (5895m); descend to Millennium Camp (3790m)
9Descend through rainforest to Mweka Gate (1630m); drive to Moshi
10Optional game drive; tour ends in Moshi
Each departure date has it's own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Kilimanjaro - Lemosho Trek trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this trip
- Our Kilimanjaro ascent rates are slow and safe, resulting in a much higher than average summit success rate of 95%
- The safety of our treks on Kilimanjaro has been assessed by independent medical specialists
- Unlike many other tour operators on Kilimanjaro, our rate of ascent complies with Wilderness Medicine Society (WMS) guidelines
- All of our guides and trek leaders on Kilimanjaro are first aid trained
- Oxygen cylinders and Gamow bags are carried on all treks for emergency use
- Our trek leaders on Kili are voted among the best Explore leaders anywhere in the world
- Our local partner is a long established and reputable Kilimanjaro specialist
- All Explore trekking staff are from the local area - revenues from our treks benefit the local economy
- We carry portable toilets on all treks to avoid degrading the mountain
- Unlike some tour operators, we include the Kilimanjaro park fees in the price. There are no hidden extras with Explore
Kilimanjaro with Explore - SAFE, RESPONSIBLE, HONEST
Accommodation2 nights Standard Lodge
7 nights Simple Camping