Find a trip
Explore the highlights of Greece, Bulgaria and Macedonia
- Lake Ohrid - Enjoy a truly stunning lake and mountain setting; tour the historical buildings situated around the lake
- Rila Monastery - Spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site with its brightly coloured frescoes
- Matka Gorge - Experience the natural wonder of Matka Gorge; chance for a boat trip
- Sofia - Old town sightseeing
- Vergina - Visit the ancient capital of Macedonian Kings
- Mt. Athos - Boat excursion along the coast of Athos to reach 'the holy mountain'
- Thassos Island - Day trip by ferry to visit its Roman remains and Medieval fortress
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join trip in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria
2Sofia city tour; stay overnight in a Macedonian monastery
3Explore Kratovo and Skopje including Kale Fortress
4Excursion to the dramatic Matka Gorge with the chance for a boat trip
5Scenic drive to Lake Ohrid via Mavrovo National Park
6Guided walking tour of Ohrid; afternoon relaxing by the lake
7Free day in Ohrid with the chance to visit Albania
8Visit to Saint Naum Monastery en route to Pelister National Park
9Admire ancient Heraclea; guided tour of Thessaloniki (Greece)
10Visit the birthplace of Alexander the Great and UNESCO listed Vergina
11Drive to Kavala via Halkidiki Peninsula; boat trip to Mount Athos
12Excursion to Thassos Island to explore or relax on the beach
13Explore historical Philippi; drive to Bansko (Bulgaria)
14Discover the beautiful Rila Monastery; free afternoon in Sofia
15Trip ends in Sofia
Each departure date has its own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Ancient Macedonia trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this trip
TransportBus, Boat, Ferry
Accommodation13 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Standard Monastery