Find a trip
Other tours you might like
Have you considered?
Old Siam & The River Kwai OS
Thailand Cultural Adventure
- Bangkok - Explore the glittering Grand Palace complex and Wat Po, the temple of the Reclining Buddha
- Chiang Mai - Bustling walled old town and the serene hillside Doi Suthep Temple
- Sukhothai - Cycle around the historic park housing the remains of this ancient capital
- Ayutthaya - Site of ancient monuments from a once grand Siamese capital
- Kanchanaburi - Jungle rafts, minority villages and the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour in Bangkok
2In Bangkok, visit Grand Palace; sleeper train to Chiang Mai
3Arrive in Chiang Mai; visit Doi Suthep temple; walking tour of Old Town
4In Chiang Mai, free day with optional Thai cookery course
5Drive to Si Satchanalai temple ruins en route to Sukhothai
6In Sukothai, explore old city ruins by bicycle; rice barge on Chao Phraya River to Uthai Thani
7Visit morning market; travel by rice barge and bus to Ayutthaya; visit Royal Palace
8Drive to Kanchanaburi; journey on Death Railway and by boat on River Kwai; overnight in raft houses
9In Kanchanburi, take bamboo rafts on River Kwai; visit Mon minority village
10Return to Bangkok by boat and bus
11Tour ends in Bangkok
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Old Siam & The River Kwai tour available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this tour
TransportBus, Train, Boat
Accommodation4 nights Comfortable Hotel
1 night Simple Overnight Train
3 nights Standard Hotel
2 nights Simple Raft House