Take light and comfortable clothing that can be layered according to the temperature. July and August are the hottest months whilst early and late in the season go prepared with clothing to suit drops in temperature and possible showers. Take your swimming gear, light rainwear may be needed at any time of year, and a warm fleece/jacket is recommended for cooler evenings and nights.
Luggage: On tour
You will need one main piece of baggage and a daypack sufficiently large to take everything needed for your walking day, such as your water bottle, snacks, spare clothing and camera. Your main luggage will be transferred to your next accommodation. Please clearly mark all your belongings with your name and the name of the next accommodation and ask the accommodation owner where your bags should be left on the morning of your departure.
Included between each hotel
A water bottle, sunhat and high factor sunscreen are all essential. Trekking poles are not essential but can be useful on the ascents and descents around the coast.
Maps - Along with the destination manual and route notes you will be sent a set of maps that have been created specifically for this trip to help you navigate. The route is marked on each map together with a series of numbered waypoints which correspond with instructions in the route notes. Should you wish to purchase a more detailed commercially produced map we recommend the following:-
Liguria 1:200.000 TCI Touring Club Italiano, ISBN: 8836548342
- Cinque Terre - Golfo dei Poeti, Erga Edizioni, ISBN: 978881635146
- Cinque Terre, Studio FMB Bologna, ISBN: 9788877754509
- Lavagna-Sestri-Moneglia-Framura, Edizioni del Magistero, ISBN: 8896107202
- Cinque Terre-Porto Venere-Isola Palmaria, Ligurpress, ISBN: 8864060132
- Il Parco Naturale Regionale di Portofino, Studio Cartografico Italiano, ISBN: 8888968024
- Cinque Terre, Edizioni Multigraphic, ISBN: 8874650019
- 5 Terre, Edizioni del Magistero, ISBN: 88961072534
Local city tax is required to be paid in cash upon check in to the accommodation. The amount varies from €1 to €3 per person per night, with the higher amount relating to higher category hotels.