Find a trip
Senegal & Gambia With River Cruise - Two Week Discovery Tour
- Djoudj - One of the most important bird sanctuaries in the world.
- Gambia River - A two day cruise on the mighty Gambia River through tropical forest, bamboo groves, rice paddies and mangroves.
- Saloum Delta - Explore the river delta by traditional pirogue through mangroves and aquatic birds.
- Isle de Goree - A tranquil island rich in history and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Fadiout - A charming fishing village entirely constructed with shells.
- Saint Louis - Visit a 19th century French colonial town by caleche.
- Wassu Stone Circles - Ancient burial sites and megalithic circles.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join Tour in Dakar (Senegal)
2Ferry to the Island of Goree; Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site
3Visit to the Pink Lake then transfer to St. Louis
4St Louis - Visit the charming French Colonial Town
5Explore the Langue de Barbarie by motorised Pirogue
6Drive to Georgetown (Gambia) via Touba Mosque
7Cruise along the Gambia River; Visit to Wassu Stone Circles
8Cruise to Tendaba
9At Tendaba; Visits to Kiang West National Park and Bao Bolong Wetland Reserve
10Drive to Saloum Delta (Senegal)
11Saloum Delta National Park, Pirogue trip north through the Delta to Ndangane
12Drive via Fadiout to Dakar
13Tour ends in Dakar
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Senegal and Gambia River Cruise tour available at present.
Please select a date:
Senegal and Gambia River Cruise based on 4 ratings. Read reviews
Transport4WD, Bus, Boat
Accommodation5 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Simple Guesthouse
1 night Simple Rondavels
1 night Simple Boat
4 nights Standard Rondavels