Find a trip
Bird life, colonial towns and nature reserves
- Djoudj - One of the most important bird sanctuaries in the world.
- Gambia River - A two day cruise on the mighty Gambia River through tropical forest, bamboo groves, rice paddies and mangroves.
- Saloum Delta - Explore the river delta by traditional pirogue through mangroves and aquatic birds.
- Isle de Goree - A tranquil island rich in history and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Fadiout - A charming fishing village entirely constructed with shells.
- Saint Louis - Visit a 19th century French colonial town by caleche.
- Wassu Stone Circles - Ancient burial sites and megalithic circles.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join Tour Dakar (Senegal)
2Ferry to the Island of Goree; Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site
3Visit the Pink Lake then transfer to St. Louis
4Djoudj bird reserve and St Louis;- Visit a charming french colonial town
5Explore the Langue de Barbarie by motorised pirogue
6Drive to Georgetown (Gambia) via Touba Mosque
7Cruise along the Gambia River; visit to Wassau Stone Circles
8Cruise to Tendaba
9At Tendaba; visits to Kiang West and Bao Bolong Wetland Reserves
10Drive to Saloum Delta (Senegal)
11Saolum Delta National Park; pirogue trip north through the Delta to Ndagane
12Drive via Fadiout to Dakar
13Tour ends in Dakar
Each departure date has its own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Senegal and Gambia River Cruise trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Transport4WD, Bus, Boat
Accommodation5 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Simple Guesthouse
1 night Simple Rondavels
1 night Simple Boat
4 nights Standard Rondavels