Find a trip
Specialist Led Tour of Historical Sicily
On this tour your knowledge and experiences of Sicily will be brought to life and greatly enhanced through the information, passion and enthusiasm of Mr Antonio Marretta, your guest lecturer. With a degree in History and Political Science, a specialisation in Art and Archaeology and 25 years guiding experience, there are not many questions that Antonio does not know the answer to and he delights in sharing his love of Sicily with his fellow travelling companions.
- Syracusa - Discover the ancient Greek and Roman sites of a city which once rivalled Athens in the Greek world
- Agrigento - Visit the Valley of the Temples
- Palermo - Sicily's capital, visit the majestic Norman cathedral at Monreale
- Taormina - Visit the famous Greek theatre with excellent views of Mount Etna
- Guest Lecturer - Enjoy informative and entertaining talks from our guest lecturer Mr Antonio Marretta
- Food and Wine - Sample some of Sicily's delicious food and wine
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour in Syracusa
2See Syracusa's historic Neapolis and Ortygia Island
3Drive via the Baroque city of Noto to Piazza Armerina
4Visit Villa Romana del Casale and the excavations at Morgantina
5Drive via Enna to Agrigento and visit the Valley of the Temples
6Visit historic Heraclea Minoa and drive via Selinute to Marsala
7Ferry to Mozia Island; chance to join a wine tasting
8Explore beautiful Erice and Segesta en route to Palermo
9Excursion to the ruins at Solunto; afternoon free in Palermo
10Walking tour of Palermo and visit to Monreale Cathedral
11Free day in Palermo with the chance to visit Zisa Palace
12Drive via the pretty fishing town of Cefalu to Giardini Naxos
13Option to go up Mount Etna; explore Taormina and its Greek theatre
14Free day in Giardini Naxos to relax on the coast
15Tour ends at Catania airport
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Ancient Sicily tour available at present.
Please select a date:
Ancient Sicily based on 4 ratings. Read reviews