Find a trip
Active Sri Lanka! ASL
Rafting, Walking and Cycling Around Sri Lanka
Every year there is a spectacular 10 day Festival in Kandy called the Esala Perahera. A replica of the famous Buddha's tooth relic is paraded around the town followed by a huge number of performers and elaborately adorned elephants. The scene is noisy, colourful and tremendous fun. If you travel on the 24th July 2017 departure you will be able to see this spectacle while you are in Kandy.
- Hiking and Biking - Cycle through rural villages and hike across the striking landscapes of the Knuckles Mountains
- Sigiriya - Climb up to the stunning cave temples at Dambulla and the mountain top fortress of King Kassapa
- Rafting - Tackle the Kelani River as we raft to our jungle chalet
- Willpaththu National Park - Game drive in search of leopard
- Kandy - Visit vibrant markets and the unique Temple of the Tooth
- Hikkaduwa - Relax beside the golden beaches and turquoise waters on the south coast
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Negombo
2Morning cycle; jeep safari in Wilpattu National Park
3Explore Dambulla's painted caves en route to Sigiriya
4Climb Lion Rock before cycling to Polonnaruwa
5Search for elephants in Minneriya National Park
6Trek on the Knuckles range. Drive to Kandy
7Free time to explore Kandy
8Drive to Ginigathhena. Rafting on the Kelani River
9Morning trek; drive to Nuwara Eliya
10Visit Bambarakand Waterfalls en route to Belihuloya
11Cycle through remote villages then drive to Hikkaduwa
12Free to relax on the beach or visit nearby Galle
13Relax on the calm beaches of Hikkaduwa
14Tour ends at Colombo Airport
Each departure date has its own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Active Sri Lanka! trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this trip
Transport4WD, Bus, Boat, Bicycle
Accommodation10 nights Standard Hotel
2 nights Standard Camping
1 night Standard Lodge