Find a trip
Other trips you might like
Have you considered?
Uzbekistan and Turkmenistan Historic Tour
- Ashgabat - Explore Turkmenistan's remarkable capital city, a rich mix of ancient and modern
- Khiva - Discover the historic heart of one of the great Silk Road cities
- Bokhara - Guided visits to the Abdul Khan Madrasah and the Emir's Palace
- Samarkand - Marvel at Tamerlane's magnificent city, including Registan Square and the Shah-i-Zinda
- Tashkent - Mingle with the locals at Chorsu market in the vibrant Uzbek capital
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Trip starts in Ashgabat (Turkmenistan)
2Free morning and afternoon city tour
3In Ashgabat, visit Sunday market and Nissa Fortress; free afternoon
4Drive to Mary stopping at Kaka Oasis
5From Mary, explore the ancient site of Merv; afternoon visit to Mary Historical Museum
6Drive across the border to Bokhara (Uzbekistan); afternoon orientation walk
7In Bokhara, discover the Ark Citadel, Emir's Palace and Char Minar Mosque
8Free day in Bokhara for further exploration
9Drive through the Kyzylkum desert to Khiva
10In Khiva, orientation tour of the Old City; drive to Urgench to take sleeper train to Samarkand
11In Samarkand, discover Registan Square, Gur Emir Mausoleum and Bibi-Khanym Mosque
12In Samarakand, visit Ulug-Beg Observatory and the Shah-i-Zinda; free afternoon
13Drive to Tashkent, explore the city and ride the Tashkent Metro
14Tour ends in Tashkent
Each departure date has it's own dedicated trip note, detailing all you need to know about that trip. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Wonders Of The Silk Road trip available at present.
Please select a date:
Why Book this trip
Accommodation9 nights Standard Hotel
3 nights Simple Hotel
1 night Simple Overnight Train