There's a satisfying feeling you get when you find a great value holiday and who are we to deprive you of that feeling? In fact, we're making it easier by giving you our 'Magnificent Seven' family holidays. These are seven adventures you could be having this summer which we think are great value for money. It could simply be because of a low price or the amount of meals and activities included in the holiday. But, overall, it's because of the unforgettable memories you and your children will be creating; you can't put a value on that.
1. Legends of Lycia – Turkey – 8 days
Summer departures from £863
Travel to Turkey's beautiful Turquiose Coast for this active adventure. You'll:
- give sea-kayaking and canoeing a go.
- snorkel and swim in sandy bays.
- explore cobbled streets and try the tasty Turkish cuisine.
2. Atlas Adventure – Morocco – 9 days
Summer departures from £869
Morocco is just a short flight from the UK but you'll feel like you're a whole world away when you:
- haggle at the village souks in the Atlas Mountains and get to know the people of a Berber village.
- play football with the locals on a wide, wind-swept beach.
- explore the maze of Marrakech's medina.
3. Croatian Active Adventure – Croatia – 8 days
Summer departures from £995
Dalmatia is the location for this action-packed week in Croatia. You'll:
- experience the thrill of white-water rafting.
- canyon through caves and rushing waterfalls.
- learn to rock-climb or explore a pirate stronghold.
4. Adventure in the Alps – France – 8 days
Summer departures from £997
New for 2014, the beautiful French Alps are the setting for this combination of fun activities and opportunities to relax. You could soon be:
- swinging from the trees at an aerial assault course.
- mountain-hiking and mountain-biking through forests and Alpine meadows.
- enjoying a picnic and cable car ride with fabulous views.
5. In the Shadow of Vesuvius – Italy – 8 days
Summer departures from £1126
Head to Italy where old and new combine. You can:
- indulge in Italian pizza, cheese and ice cream.
- discover Pompeii and walk the crater rim of imposing Vesuvius.
- take a boat trip around the beautiful island of Capri.
6. Turkey Adventure – Turkey – 15 days
Summer departures from £1297
If you want to spend more than a week away this trip to Turkey could be the one for you. It includes:
- camping in the Taurus Mountains.
- exploring a ghost village and kayaking above a sunken city.
- discovering the delights of the city of Istanbul and taking a mud bath in an ancient city.
7. River Kwai and Jungle Adventure – Thailand – 14 days
Summer departures from £1887
Great value holidays can also be found further afield, and this escape to Thailand is one of the most popular for those families looking for a combination of beaches and culture. Your two-week break will include:
- cooking up a jungle curry and taking a tour on elephant-back.
- living with the locals in a village homestay.
- snorkelling through a beautiful underwater world and travelling down tropical rivers on bamboo rafts.
The Magnificent Seven are just the start of the world of adventure we have for you this summer; find out more about our summer family holidays.