Join selected Antarctic voyages aboard the Polar Pioneer until March 2016 and your adventure will pay tribute to Sir Ernest Shackleton and his crew on the centenary of their 1914-17 Imperial Trans-Antarctc Expedition. Just a few of the events included in the celebration will be:
- The Polar Pioneer will host a floating exhibition of famed photographer Frank Hurley’s iconic Antarctic images.
- The regular expedition team will be joined by an expert historian on each voyage.
- An expeditionary-style centenary dinner will be held on each voyage and will include a whisky toast on the Polar Pioneer’s bow, readings from Shackleton’s journal, and a tribute to Antarctic explorers.
- Walk in Shackleton’s footsteps: half-day walk from Fortuna Bay to Stromness Whaling Station; the final leg of his mission to get help.
- You'll receive a commemorative all-weather jacket and hard-back voyage log which are yours to keep.
To be part of these celebrations and recognise the achievement of Shackleton and his crew, join any of the following Polar Pioneer departures (2015/16 season dates will be on sale soon):
|21st November 2015||Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica|
|5th January 2016||Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica|
|23rd January 2016||Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica|
|9th March 2016||In Shackleton's Footsteps|