Save £££s on holidays to South Africa
South Africa has some of the world’s most incredible natural beauty and game-viewing opportunities and now is the time to book for the popular summer months, from November to March. Travel to the game reserves in November to December and you may be lucky enough to spot cubs. Many young are born around this time, when the bush is lush and there's plenty to eat. Travel a little later and enjoy Christmas and New Year with a sundowner at Kruger National Park, or relax after the festive period at one of Cape Town’s chic restaurants on the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront.
With a variety of offers available in South Africa, we’ve picked a few of our favourites:
The Garden Route
Undeniably one of South Africa’s highlights, the Garden Route is a 200-km stretch of rugged coast backed by mountains, with long stretches of sand, nature reserves, leafy forests and tourist-friendly seaside towns. Activities in the area include golfing, fishing, canoeing, forest walking and hiking, beach horse-riding and mountain bike trails.
- Kurland Hotel is a luxury, boutique country estate. Offering just 12 suites, it is a romantic and secluded option located near Plettenberg Bay. It has two restaurants, a pool, spa and lots of activities to choose from; the hotel is a great place to relax. Stay for three nights before 14th December and you’ll only pay for two, a saving of £266 per couple. Offer includes breakfast.
- Views Boutique Hotel and Spa is located high on the coastline, with spectacular ocean views. The 18 spacious suites have mountain or sea views, while the restaurant has a fantastic sunset vista. Stay four nights and pay for three, plus get a complementary spa treatment each. Based on two people sharing, valid until 19th December.
Cape Town and the winelands
Dominated by Table Mountain and surrounded by the wild Atlantic Ocean, Cape Town is a wonderful mix of rugged coastline, historical buildings, and contemporary hotels and restaurants – a foodie’s paradise! The winelands covers a large area, nestled in a range of low mountains and scenic valleys, with vineyards dating back more than 300 years.
- With views of Table Mountain, Robben Island and the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront is offering four nights for the price of three, which is a saving of £160 per person. Valid on stays before 31st October.
- Named after the three iconic Cape Town vistas, Table Mountain, Lions Head and Devil’s Peak, best seen from the roof terrace, Three Boutique Hotel is offering four nights for the price of three. Valid on new bookings from 1st December to 22nd December and 9th January to 31st January.
- Book the Blue Train between Cape Town and Pretoria for a journey on one of the world’s most famous and luxurious railways. Receiving a complimentary night’s accommodation at either the Taj Hotel, Cape Town, or 131 on Herbert Baker in Pretoria makes this once-in-a-lifetime experience just that little bit more affordable... Offer includes breakfast and a transfer between the hotel and station, saving up to £445 per couple. Travel before 31st December.
- Cape Town Hollow and Hollow on the Square are both modern, stylish hotels located in the heart of Cape Town. Stay between 1st October and 20th December and get your fourth night free when paying for three, saving £200 per couple.
- Idyllically located on eight km of white sandy beach, just 30 minutes from Cape Town, The Last Word Long Beach is offering three nights for the price of two, including breakfast, all beverages and premium spirits, wireless internet access, plus an upgraded room on arrival if available. The same can be said for The Last Word, Franschhoek, in the heart of the Franschhoek wine valley. The hotels only have six rooms each, so why not combine the two for the ultimate luxurious and relaxing break. Valid on stays before 20th December.
- Situated on the outskirts of Stellenbosch, one of South Africa’s most famous wine districts, Lanzerac Estate is a private working wine estate. The heritage building is a fine example of Cape Dutch architecture with five star accommodation and service. Book now and take advantage of the complimentary cellar tour, wine tasting of four Lanzerac Estate wines and usage of the spa’s hydro facilities, including the in-door heated pool, sauna and Jacuzzi.
Kruger National Park
Kruger National Park is the king of South African game parks, one of the best game-viewing areas in all of Africa to spot the “Big Five” – lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo. However, Kruger is not the only park in the area; many privately-owned reserves offer premium game-viewing opportunities, with a fraction of the tourists…
- Tanda Tula, set in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve near Kruger National Park, has 12 luxury safari tents with a private deck, en-suite bathrooms and an infinity pool overlooking a large watering hole. If you book four nights, we can offer you a saving of £379 per person for a stay between 1st October and 30th April 2014, based on two sharing. The package is great value as it includes game drives, all meals, soft drinks, local beers and spirits and house wines. Or book three nights at Tanda Tula and receive two nights complimentary at the Peech Hotel in Johannesburg, saving over £400 per couple.
- In Makalali Conservancy, situated west of Kruger National Park, is Garonga Safari Camp. The luxury tented camps have indoor and outdoor showers and a wooden deck with a hammock – perfect for relaxing and enjoying the views. Stay for five nights and pay for only four between 20th November and 20th December, and 5th January and 28th February 2014.
If you’re travelling within 28 days we have a couple of great, last-minute offers on small group, mini-tours, saving up to 50% off the normal price:
Save £600 on a six-day circular journey along the Garden Route from Cape Town to Oudtshoorn, Knysna and Swellendam. Offer includes transfers, bed and breakfast, three lunches, one dinner and some excursions. Subject to availability, departing 23rd and 30th October, excludes international flights.
- Save £530 on a six-day tour from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth. Travel through Oudtshoorn where you'll visit an Ostrich Farm, Knysna for a lagoon cruise to the Featherbed Nature Reserve and Plettenberg Bay. Subject to availability, departing on 22nd October, excludes international flights.
- Save £740 on a six-day tour from Johannesburg to Kruger National Park, through Swaziland and Zululand, to the thriving coastal city of Durban. Offer includes transfers, bed and breakfast, one lunch and game drives. Subject to availability, departing on 14th and 20th October, excludes international flights.
We can tailor any of these into your perfect South African journey - call us now to create a holiday of everlasting memories.
- All offers are valid for new bookings only; they cannot be applied retrospectively to existing bookings.
- Bookings must be made in accordance with the specific terms as outlined against each offer and with these general terms and conditions.
- There are no cash or other alternatives.
- All offers exclude flights and insurance.
- Offers are subject to availability, date restrictions may apply. Offers may be withdrawn at any time.