Tanzania offers what most people hope to see on a visit to the African continent: the drama of the wildebeest migration, the gleaming snows of Mount Kilimanjaro, proud Masai warriors stalking the plains and exotic palm-fringed beaches. Our tailor-made regional specialists help you plan the perfect trip, whether it’s a special occasion, a family holiday to remember or your annual getaway.
World-renowned national parks - Located in north-western Tanzania, bordering Kenya's Masai Mara, the Serengeti National Park is one of Africa's most famous game parks. It hosts vast savannah plains, wildlife in awe inspiring numbers, including the 'Big Five' and the annual great wildebeest migration which takes place from December to March - book early to secure availability! Also in the north, the Ngorongoro Crater forms part of the Great Rift Valley. The incredible landscape was formed around two million years ago when a volcano collapsed in on itself; as such, the staggering density of wildlife rarely migrates due to the steepness of the crater walls. Among lion, hyena, leopard, cheetah, elephant and wildebeest, Ngorongoro is where visitors to the country have the best chance of seeing a black rhino. Tarangire National Park is one of the quieter parks to spot wildlife; it houses some of the largest populations of elephant in Tanzania and fantastic birdlife. Take advantage of our discounted short safari packages:
- From Arusha travel to Ngorongoro, enjoying the magnificent views along the way. The next day rise early for a game drive within the crater. The following morning you have a game drive and visit Olduvai Gorge en route to the Serengeti. Day four is spent with a full day game drive within the Serengeti National Park. Depart the next day for Lake Manyara, arriving in time for an afternoon game drive. On the sixth day depart Lake Manyara and arrive back in Arusha - Package price from £982 per person, including all transfers in four-wheel drive, accommodation at Serena Lodges on a full board basis, park entrance fees and game drives with safari guides. Why not extend the itinerary with a relaxing stay on Zanzibar?
- In addition to the above itinerary, include a night at Tarangire National Park and an extra day in the Serengeti to make a seven day safari. Stay in the comfortable Sopa Lodges for the price of £1065 per person. Or stay at a variety of accommodations, including a colonial-style farmhouse, a mobile camp and safari lodge, from £1132 per person. Prices include all transfers in four-wheel drive, accommodation on a full board basis, park entrance fees and game drives with safari guides
Great Lakes - Lake Manyara is located between Arusha and the Ngorongoro Crater and stretches 50 km across the edge of the Great Rift Valley. The national park offers a varied ecosystem, amazing birdlife, plentiful wildlife and beautiful views. The lake itself is home to flocks of pink flamingos while another major attraction of Manyara is the elusive tree-climbing lions. Lake Victoria is Africa’s largest freshwater lake and Lake Tanganyika is its deepest; here the highlight is visiting chimpanzees at Gombe or Mahale. Lake Duluti, located very close to Arusha is a scenic crater lake, the perfect place for mountain biking or canoeing.
The rugged south - Selous Game Reserve and Ruaha National Park are wild, remote and virtually untouched. Ruaha is one of Tanzania’s largest national parks covering over 20,000sq km. It is less accessible than some of the country’s better known parks and so provides a more serene safari experience as relatively few tourists venture here. The pristine bush can make wildlife viewing more challenging but certainly very rewarding. The Selous is the largest game reserve in Africa and incredibly is almost the size of Switzerland. Located in the south east of Tanzania it is home to the endangered African wild dog, some astounding birdlife and over 50% of Tanzania's elephant population.
Paradise beaches – UK summer is the best time to enjoy the beaches along the Swahili Coast. Just a 10 minute flight or an hour and half drive from Dar es Salaam is Ras Kutani. Located on the Indian Ocean coast, mainland Tanzania, it is an ideal place to relax after wildlife watching in the south. Evocatively known as 'The Spice Island', Zanzibar lies in the Indian Ocean, 35km off the coast. As well as having some of the best tropical beaches in East Africa, the island has a rich cultural heritage influenced by its contact with traders from the Far and Middle East. Zanzibar’s capital, Stone Town was once a major centre for the slave trade and is steeped in history dating back many centuries; walk through the twisting passageways to see beautiful Arabian architecture. The Indian Ocean offers excellent opportunities for diving, snorkelling, fishing and sailing. Here are a few of our favourite special offers available in Zanzibar:
- Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel – Located on the northernmost peninsula of Zanzibar this laid-back resort is offering honeymooners a 50% discount for the bride, complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, flowers and a basket of Zanzibar spices, plus a complimentary romantic beach dinner (for guests staying on half board or full board basis, subject to weather conditions).
- Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa – Luxury accommodation meets North African design at the Hideaway of Nungwi Resort & Spa. We are offering a seven night stay on an all-inclusive basis and pay for only six; that’s a saving of between £125 and £240 per person, based on a Superior Junior Suite. If you’re planning your honeymoon we have a great deal for a stay of five nights or more – up to 15% discount off the per night cost, 15% discount off treatments at the Hideaway Spa, a bottle of sparkling wine, flowers in the room, a la carte romantic dinner AND a free room upgrade if available!
- Sea Cliff Resort and Spa – Newlyweds staying for a minimum of five nights will receive a couples massage, private seafood dinner, bottle of sparkling wine, fruit platter, a free room upgrade if available, AND a coffee table book of Zanzibar as keepsake of your honeymoon.
Many hotels offer four nights for the price of three or seven nights for the price of five – Call our Tailormade Regional Specialist today for more information.
Mount Kilimanjaro - Visible from as far away as Tsavo National Park in Kenya, Mount Kilimajaro is one of Africa’s most impressive and iconic sights. Standing at 5895 m Mount Kilimanjaro is the continent’s highest point. Allowing for a better acclimatisation, our preferred route is the longer Lemosho trail giving you a greater chance of reaching the summit. And it is one of the most scenic routes too. We have a 95% success rate, compared to only 85% on the shorter Machame route. Book a group of 10 or more passengers and we’ll throw in a space for free!
Contact us by phone on 0845 163 7781 or online using our contact us form.
Date restrictions apply to special offers.
Honeymoon specials may require a proof of marriage.
All offers exclude flights.
Safari mini-packages are not exclusive to Explore Tailormade passengers, subject to availability and departure days.