Cambodia and Vietnam are rich in ancient traditions and culture, where ornate temples smoke with incense and busy night markets buzz with noisy hagglers and street-food vendors. Scenic, terraced mountains overlook lush paddy fields, remote temples are consumed by wild jungles and huge limestone formations jut out of the sea. Our tailor-made regional specialists help you plan a holiday, which combines the two countries or one that concentrates on a more in-depth itinerary. Book now to take advantage of our range of special offers below.
Eastern Cambodia and Phnom Penh
In Cambodia’s remote eastern provinces dense jungles and hilly forests are home to many ethnic minority groups. For the adventurous traveller, head to Mondulkuri Province where you can stay at the Elephant Valley Project to learn about their conservation projects, feed the elephants bananas by the bucket load and help wash them in the rivers. The mighty Mekong River flows through the eastern regions and into Vietnam; visit Kratie to enjoy a boat trip along the river in search of the endangered freshwater Irrawaddy dolphin. Just north of Phnom Penh the small town of Skoun, known locally as Spiderville, is a worth a short stop if only to taste the exotic local delicacy – deep-fried spider! To the west is the country’s capital city, Phnom Penh, an interesting city where ancient temples, Royal Palaces and French colonial architecture meet modern and contemporary buildings. It is here that most visitors head to Tuol Sleng Museum and the Killing Fields to learn of the atrocities carried out by the Khmer Rouge, you could even have a guided tour with a survivor of the prison to get a first-hand account of their experiences.
- Stay in a Deluxe or Suite room at the Villa Langka in Phnom Penh and receive a 15% discount. Applicable on stays before 30th September.
- Stay at the luxury Raffles Hotel Le Royal located near the Central Market and Russian Market in Cambodia’s capital city, for three nights and pay for only two. Available on all room types. Applicable on stays before 30th September.
- Stay three nights before 31st October for the price of two at the elegant Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra. Offer available on all room types.
Siem Reap and around
Siem Reap has been transformed from a small market town to the gateway of Angkor Wat. The temples of Angkor are one of the world’s greatest archaeological sites; dating back to the 9th century they deserve a good two or three days to explore fully. Or get off-the-beaten track and stay in a luxury camp next to the remote temples of Koh Ker and Preah Khan. A visit to Tonle Sap, South-east Asia’s largest lake, is highly recommended, where you could add a boat trip to the floating villages of Kompong Phluk or Kompong Khleang. West of Siem Reap is the city of Battambang, a great base for exploring some of the nearby temples and rural villages.
- HanumanAlaya Boutique Residence is offering a special reduced rate, from £35 per night for a Superior room, plus a spa treatment or massage of your choice. Available on stays before 30th September, minimum of two nights stay.
- For an extra special experience book breakfast, lunch or dinner at Sala Kdei or Sala Roluos. These beautiful, traditional wooden houses are built on stilts and are located near the temples, perfect for a quiet break. A four-course Khmer meal in this private setting, including service costs £32 per person. The Salas also offer yoga and meditation classes, cookery classes and romantic dinners. Visit before 30th September to take advantage of their special prices, saving up to 50% discount.
- Shinta Mani Resort and Shinta Mani Club, Siem Reap, offer modern, contemporary rooms while also helping local people with education, starting up new businesses and healthcare. They are offering three nights for the price of two, based on bed and breakfast for stays before 31st October.
Cambodia’s south coast
The main attraction of Cambodia’s southern coastline is it’s miles of white sandy beaches and clear blue waters. Sihanoukville is the most popular destination, with a good collection of hotels ranging from simple budget accommodation to luxury beach resorts. Nearby Kampot is a lovely town, rich in French colonial-era architecture and a good base from which to explore Bokor National Park and the abandoned Bokor Hill Station. Further along the coast, Kep is the newest, up-and-coming resort with boutique hotels and luxury resorts. For an extra special break, you could stay at one of the few indulgent private islands available. Island hopping boat trips, snorkelling, river journeys and array of water sports can all be arranged along the coastline.
- Contemporary hotel Knai Bang Chat in Kep provides a secluded stay. Rooms have a terrace with views overlooking the sea, there is a large infinity pool and a restaurant out on the jetty. They are offering three nights for the price of two, four nights for the price of three or five nights for the price of four. Available on stays before 31st October.
- Stay at the Sokha Beach Resort in Sihanoukville for three nights for the price of two, four nights for the price of three or five nights for the price of four plus enjoy a complementary foot massage if staying four nights or more. Available for all room types, staying before 30th September.
Vietnam’s busy capital city, Hanoi, is home to lakes, temples and ornate French architecture; travel a few hours east to peaceful Halong Bay to sail, swim and kayak around stunning limestone outcrops, or north to Sapa and Mai Chau – scenic towns of rolling hillsides, perfect for trekking. South of Hanoi is Ninh Binh, a small town used as a base for exploring nearby Tan Coc, also known as “Halong Bay on land” it is a beautiful area of paddy fields and limestone mountains, also discover Cuc Phuong National Park, home to over 300 species of bird.
- The Pullman Hotel, Hanoi is a modern and contemporary property offering free Wifi, outdoor pool and a variety of bars and eateries. Stay before 31st October and take advantage of their three nights for the price of two offer – saving £100 - £125 per couple depending on your room choice.
- Try the brand-new Mai Chau Ecolodge which has only just opened its doors in June 2014. The property offers 19 traditional stilt-style bungalows, each air-conditioned, with Wifi access and a private garden. The bungalows are all built entirely of natural materials with thatched roofs, bamboo interiors and wooden furniture.
- Stay three nights at the Sofitel Plaza Hotel and save £130 per couple off a Luxury Lake View room. The hotel is well located between Truc Bach Lake, West Lake and the Red River offering great views over the city. Available on travel before 30th September.
- If you’re travelling last minute, ask us about last-minute offers and reduced hotel rates.
The central regions of Vietnam are home to some of the country’s most interesting sights; from the emotive Demilitarised Zone (DMZ) and little-visited Vinh Moc Tunnels to the caves and Buddhist statues of Marble Mountain. Get lost in the backstreets and explore Chinese-inspired architecture in charming Hoi An and head to the elegant pagodas and bridges of Hue - Central Vietnam is a must on any itinerary.
- Save between £90 and £250 per couple at the Pilgrimage Village Resort, Hue; a boutique property with spa, offering luxury accommodation in lush gardens. Stay for three nights and pay for two when staying before 31st October. Available on all room types.
- La Residence Hotel and Spa is offering three nights for the price of two, saving up to £158 per couple, based on a Deluxe Colonial room. Located on the Perfume River, this is a great base from which to explore the town.
- Stay at the charming Victoria Hoi An Beach Resort and Spa between 1st September to 31st November for four nights for the price of three.
- Hoi An Ancient House Resort has a history of 200 years with five generations who have lived there. Stay before 30th September for three nights for the price of two, four nights for the price of three or seven nights for the price of five!
The south of Vietnam is a wonderful mix of tropical islands and peaceful beaches, bustling cities and enchanting towns. Visitors can go bird watching in Cat Tien National Park, explore the floating markets and canals on the vibrant Mekong Delta and crawl through the famous Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Novotel Nha Trang is in a great location within walking distance to the town, with spacious, modern rooms and a balcony facing the sea. Stay for three nights for the price of two or six nights for the price of four. Date restrictions apply.
- Anantara Mui Ne Resort, situated on Mui Ne Beach, is offering five nights for the price of four, saving £145 per couple, based on an Ocean Deluxe room, available on all room types. Travel before 31st October.
- Relax on the island of Phu Quoc at Mango Bay or La Veranda hotels. Stay for three nights and pay for only two. Available on all room types for stays before 30th September.
- Book three nights at the Sofitel Saigon Plaza and pay for only two. Located in a quiet area of the city, the Saigon Plaza is a modern hotel with a pool and a range of bars and restaurants. Offer valid on bookings before 31st December.
Many hotels offer birthday, honeymoon and anniversary offers, from free nights to fruit bowls, complementary bubbly and upgraded rooms. Just let us know if it is a special occasion and we’ll be sure to make it a holiday to remember.
Contact us by phone on 0845 163 7781 or online using our contact us form.