Explore is offering customers the chance to escape the everyday and experience beautiful Burma with a complimentary night in Rangoon with a complimentary dinner and cultural show at the Karaweik Palace on trips booked by 7 March 2016.
Explore’s 15 day Burma Highlights trip offers an in-depth discovery of the fascinating history and culture of Myanmar. Take a boat trip across Inle Lake to the Shwe Indein pagoda complex, hike in the rural countryside of the Shan Highlands, take a horse-drawn cart tour of the ancient capital of Inwa and visit the renowned wooden footbridge of U Bein. Visit the Bagan temples, cruise on the Irrawaddy River and explore the magnificent Shwenandaw Monastery in Mandalay. This trip departs in February, March, July, August, September, October, November and December 2016 and costs from £2,349 per person. This price includes return flights, 14 nights’ hotel accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis, transport and the services of an Explore Leader, driver and local guides.
Explore’s 15 day Burma by Bike is an easy graded cycling trip that travels along quiet backroads and visits tribal villages. Discover the temples of Bagan, spread across expansive plains; pedal through forests, farmland and palm-thatched villages on the sacred ‘Abode of the Gods’ route and enjoy the sights of Inle Lake by longtail boat. Cycle along the eastern bank of the Irrawaddy River to the ancient city of Mandalay and visit Kalaw, which sits high on the impressive Shan Plateau. This trip departs in February, October, November and December 2016 and costs from £2,699 per person. This price includes return flights; 14 nights’ hotel accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis, an included cultural show with dinner, bike hire, transport and the services of an Explore Leader and driver.
Explore’s 15 day Hidden Trails of Burma trip offers moderate walking through remote villages and breathtaking scenery. Hike up to the Golden Rock, one of Burma’s most sacred pilgrimage sites, trek in the tribal highlands of Paluang and admire the sunset across the temple plains of Bagan. Explore the floating gardens and stilted villages of Inle Lake and discover the stay overnight in a monastery in the village of Yasakyi. Trips depart in October and November 2016 and cost from £2,765 per person. This price includes return flights, 13 nights’ hotel and one night monastery accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis, an included cultural show with dinner, transport and the services of an Explore Leader, driver and local guides.
For more information, or to book visit www.explore.co.uk, or call 01252 884 723.
For more media information, interview requests or images, please contact:
Laura Dewar, PR Manager Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org, 01252 379501
*Terms and Conditions
1) The extra night + Karaweik show offer is available for all bookings to Burma on a small group adventure or Tailormade holiday made between 12 February and 07 March 2016. We regret the offer cannot be applied retrospectively to existing bookings.
2) The offer is applicable on any available departure date.
3) Please quote “Burma Offer” when confirming your booking to qualify for the offer.
4) The extra night in Rangoon (Yangon) is available at the start of your trip, on bed and breakfast single or twin room basis as required. A free transfer from the airport to your hotel is included in the offer.
5) In the evening of your extra day you will be met in your hotel by a local representative and taken to the Karaweik show.
6) The offer is available on the following group trips; BUE, BUH, BUHB, BUI, BUIB, CBR, CBUR and HW.
7) The offer can be used in conjunction with the Explore loyalty scheme and group discount offer (see website), but not with any other promotion.
8) The offer is subject to availability and we reserve the right to withdraw it at any time.
More in this category: « Protecting the Herd - Explore removes elephant riding from all itineraries Free kit for your Explore trip »