Thailand and Vietnam are rich in ancient traditions and culture, where brightly-decorated, ornate temples smoke with incense and busy night markets buzz with noisy hagglers and street-food vendors. Scenic, terraced mountains overlook lush paddy fields, pristine beaches are backed by wild rainforests and huge limestone formations jut out of the sea. Our tailor-made regional specialists help you plan a holiday, which combines the two countries or one that concentrates on a more in-depth itinerary… and we have a range of offers available at the moment to help you plan your Indochina holiday:
Central Thailand and the North
Bangkok is the starting point for most visits to Thailand; from here venture east to the islands of Koh Samet or Koh Chang, or take a short flight and head north to Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai – the perfect base for jungle trekking, tribal village visits and getting up-close to Thai elephants.
- Centara Duangtawan Hotel, Chiang Mai, is offering a 10% discount on bookings made before 31st November 2013, for stays between 4th January and 15th April. Rooms are modern and comfortable, located just a few minutes from the famous night market.
- Stay three nights in the Garden Pavilion, Lanna Pavilion or Lower Rice Terrace at the Four Seasons Resort on the outskirts of Chiang Mai, and you’ll pay for only two. That’s a saving of up to £685 per couple at this award-winning spa hotel. Valid for stays between 1st and 31st March.
- Save up to £260 when you stay three nights at the Tamarind Village in Chiang Mai between 11th January and 31st March. This offer is available on all room types offered by the boutique hotel.
- Book two nights in the Lanna-style chalets of the Legend Resort & Spa in Chiang Rai and receive an extra night free, saving over £100 per couple, based on the Deluxe Studio. Available from 1st April to 31st October.
- Ao Prao Resort is located on the beachfront on the northern headland of Koh Samet. They are offering an extra night free when you stay three nights in the spacious bungalows. Available on the Deluxe Room, Deluxe Cottage, Deluxe Cottage Sea View and Beach Front Cottage.
- Sai Kaew Beach Resort, Koh Samet, benefits from having access to two wonderful beaches. This comfortable resort has cabins set along the beach or in the gardens, each with its own balcony. Stay in the Deluxe room, Deluxe Cottage, Premier Room and Premier Seaside room for three nights and get the fourth night free, saving up to £240 per couple.
Southern Thailand is a thin strip sandwiched between the Andaman Sea on one side and the Gulf of Thailand on the other. Relax on white sand beaches, snorkel in clear waters, explore some of the many islands in the area or discover national parks.
- Rayavadee, located on the edge of Krabi's National Marine Park, is a luxury five star resort offering contemporary and spacious two-story accommodation. The resort has a spa, boutique and a range of dining options, including the romantic Grotto. Stay four nights for the price of three, saving up to £675, from 1st November to 23rd December 2013 and 11th January to 31st March. Available on selected room types – call us now for more information.
- Save up to £700 per couple with three free nights when you book another three nights at the Sheraton Krabi Beach Resort. Offering spacious, modern rooms with private balconies, the hotel also boasts a spa, large pool on the beach front, fitness centre and a range of bars and restaurants. Offer available on stays between 1st November and 24th December 2013 and 5th January to 31st March (not available on suites; extra supplement applies to Deluxe Club room and Premium Sea Facing room).
- Santhiya Resort & Spa is located on Koh Phangan’s north-east coast. All rooms and villas are decorated in a traditional Thai style with warm teakwood panelling and are equipped with all mod-cons. The hotel has an open-air restaurant overlooking the bay, or why not opt for a romantic, candle-lit dinner on the beach? Stay between 1st November to 22nd December 2013 and 1st May to 14th July to get three nights for the price of two or six nights for the price of four.
Lakes, temples and French architecture can be found in the busy capital city; travel a few hours east to peaceful Halong Bay and discover stunning limestone outcrops.
- Stay three nights at the Sofitel Plaza, Hanoi, between 1st December 2013 and 28th February 2014 and pay for only two. Available on all room types. The hotel is in a convenient location for exploring and has amazing views over the city.
- Novotel Halong Bay, located on Bai Chay Beach, looks out across the bay. Book at least 30 days in advance and receive a 10% discount off the room rate. Available until 30th April on all room types.
- The Hotel De L'Opera offers beautifully-designed rooms located in the heart of Hanoi. Stay between 1st April and 30th September to take advantage of their 20% discount, saving up to £50 per night.
The south of Vietnam is a wonderful mix of tropical islands, bustling cities, enchanting towns and the vibrant Mekong Delta:
- Ana Mandara is one of Vietnam’s luxury hotel chains and their Hue resort and spa will not disappoint. Located on the beachfront, just outside of town, the resort is a peaceful, relaxing retreat. Book the ‘Balance your Life’ package for two nights and receive a 60-minute spa treatment, foot massage, use of the fitness centre, sauna and steam room, a barbeque dinner and free use of the resort’s bicycles. A deluxe room is £195 per couple. Available on bookings before 28th February.
- Stay at the historic Majestic Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City for two consecutive nights and save 10% off the room rate per night, valid on visits between 1st January and 31st March.
- Book three consecutive nights at the Sofitel Saigon Plaza and pay for only two. Located in a quiet area of the city, the Saigon Plaza is a modern hotel with a pool and a range of bars and restaurants. Offer valid on bookings before 31st March.
- Relax on the island of Phu Quoc at Mango Bay or La Veranda hotels. Stay for three nights and pay for only two. Available on all room types for stays between 05th May and 30th September.
- Nam Hai, located a short drive from drive from the historic Old Town of Hoi An, is a luxurious and stylish resort. Between 1st April and 31st March 2015 they are offering an extra nights’ accommodation when you stay three or more.
Many hotels offer birthday, honeymoon and anniversary offers, from free nights to fruit bowls, complementary bubbly and upgraded rooms. Just let us know if it is a special occasion and we’ll be sure to make it a holiday to remember.
Contact us by phone on 0845 163 7781 or online using our contact us form